Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pastis & Saint's Alp Teahouse

I don’t know why it took me this long to finally have brunch at Pastis.

And it was good; not fabulous. Now, I know I’ve been a big negative of the places I’ve dined recently but let’s keep it real guys. $50/meal and/or 5 star restaurants never really guarantee excellent dining experience.

I am a huge fan of eggs benedict, especially the one that includes salmon. Every time I have brunch, I always get eggs benedict of sort if not an egg included dish. Why? I hate anything breaded. I’ll eat it but I don’t enjoy it. Therefore, especially for brunch, it eliminates pancakes, waffles, French toast … you get the picture. I am also a huge fan of brunch drinks. It is my absolute favorite. I die for bloody marys, mimosas, and prosecca and I heart fresh-squeezed orange juice, excellent cup of coffee, perfectly brewed cup of tea, foam-filled cappuccinos, and foam-less lattes (I know. I’m very specific when it comes to latte vs. cappuccinos).

So at Pastis, of course, I ordered eggs Norwegian, which was an eggs benedict with salmon. The portions were actually generous, which came as bit of a surprise. It was good but I still go by Sarabeth’s having the BEST eggs benedict thus far. The home fries were excellent and the bloody mary was decent. Maybe that’s why I love Sarabeth’s so much because … they have the best eggs benedict and the best bloody mary: my two most important items on a brunch menu. So perhaps, I am biased. But during the entire brunch, I was stealing fries from Maureen and Jen simultaneously because they were SO amazing. Perfectly crisp and not oily. Fabulous. I love fries. I will definitely go back to try their french onion soup and other appetizers. i heard great things, more so than their brunch menu.


Now, on to Saint’s Alp Teahouse. It is AMAZING. I think by far the best bubble tea place in the city. I’ve been to Ten Ren and random places all throughout Chinatown and Saint’s Alp Teahouse is excellent. It is excellent because it’s low in cost, perfect amount of chew in tapioca, and abundant in variety. I’ve gone there twice and both times I ordered pink grapefruit nectar. I’ve also tried the almond milk tea and taro milk tea and both are fabulously delicious as well. They seem to serve food as well from the neighboring tables and I’m curious to see how their food would be. That will be next time. That is all!

Jasmine

1 comment:

fhk said...

yes.. i think st. alp's has the best bubble teas! ahh i want some right now. ^^

and for me pastis was okay lol considering the price. but great brasserie atmosphere nonetheless. should have tried the mimosa!