I can't believe that I've been resorting to Fort Lee News Bar all this time for brunch to avoid a) going to the bagel shop on Bergen Blvd; b) diner; c) McDonald's, Burger King, and the whole fast food breakfast ordeal including Dunkin Donuts. It is not to say that the above listed places are not up to par. They're delicious in their own ways, when you're up for it. But a legit breakfast joint with array varieties of pancakes, eggs, sausages, etc. didn't exist for me nearby where I live.... until I discovered Pancake House.
My first time at Pancake House was unfortunately this past Valentine's Day with David, which we both proclaim for it to be the best Valentine's Day ever (99% due to the food!). I personally hate pancakes, which couldve been the reason why I never ventured out to Pancake House, especially when it is only a 5 minute drive from my house. When David and I went, we both ordered egg dishes: Eggs Michael and Eggs Benedict. Eggs Benedict is your everyday eggs benedict but Eggs Michael was a creative spin to the poached egg family but with mushroom sauce and sausage instead of ham and holladaise sauce. We devoured it in a heartbeat accompanied by the freshest squeezed orange juice I've honestly ever had along with the home fries that were seasoned and crisped with perfection, and not so greasy either!!!
So after my fabulous dining experience, I brought my anti-Jersey Queens cousins and their immediate reaction upon their first bite was, "I'd come back to Jersey again just to go to Pancake House!" Thanks to my pancake loving cousin Jenn, I was able to try Banana Pancakes along with Jasmin's (my name twin cousin though we call her E since she lacks an e at the end of her name) Pigs in a Blanket of sort: sausage wrapped in pancakes! I must say that their pancake batter is quite fabulous, making a pancake hater enjoy the pancakes!

Sausage wrapped in pancake!

Banana pancakes!
*I finally decided to take pics after stealing images off the web!
My only complaint is that they don't serve brunch beverages i.e. Bloody Mary, Mimosa, etc but I guess it helps the bill cost down because you'd hardly pay over $20 per person. And I wished that they had french fries to substitute for the home fries but I feel like if they did have french fries, it would be super greasy for some odd reason.
Maybe because it's the recession or the array of unimpressive bistros and restaurants I find myself going to but I truly adore and enjoy small joints such as this that prefaces good and quality food over the decor and scene.
No comments:
Post a Comment