Friday, January 29, 2010

Bagels, bagels, bagels!



How do you like your bagels? Here are few of my favorite ways:

  • Plain bagel toasted with cream cheese, tomato, and onion: for those “I’m bored this morning and I want to spice it up a bit” mornings.
  • Everything bagel toasted with cream cheese: bringing back the all-time classic, with Snapple Peach Iced Tea. Familiar memories anyone?
  • Bacon, egg, and cheese on an everything bagel with salt, pepper, ketchup, and tabasco sauce: you know … those mornings.
  • Toasted plain bagel topped layered with cream cheese, lox, capers, and sweet onion: the “brunchy” mornings where you want to sit outside in a nice café with a giant platter of this combination while sipping on iced coffee with a paper at hand. Amazing.
  • Plain bagel toasted with butter: “I want something hearty and warm” mornings
  • Everything bagel toasted with vegetable cream cheese: key here is that the cream cheese has to be filled with a generous lump sum of chopped vegetables and the vegetables have to be a good size bites. No bits of stupid carrot and chives.

What inspired this entry?

I woke up to my spoiled brother telling Mommy that he wants bagel for breakfast. To be specific, he wanted a bagel from Bergen Boulevard Bagels. My dad, of course, drives there to get bagels for Charlie and my mom, of course, makes breakfast for him. I was lucky enough to score one also and when I bit into the bagel, I stopped to check what was inside because it was taste of heaven. It was an untoasted bagel with cream cheese and topped off with strips of BACON! Who would’ve thought that would actually taste amazing? What they say is true: everything tastes better with bacon. Go try it. I promise you, you’ll thank me.

No comments: